Schedule 24 of the Constitution of the Republic of Fiji protects your rights to privacy including the confidentiality of your personal information and communications. How your privacy is protected however, is delegated to individual companies to administer.
By using our website, mobile site or by participating in our database or promotions or interacting with our Customer Services Team, you acknowledge that your personal information will be treated, as described in this policy.
In this policy, “personal information” means includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name, age, gender, address, contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses) images of you, your biometric data and financial information, including your payment information. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, then the information is considered personal information.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Image, sound and biometric data, such as height
- Mailing or street address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Age or birth date
- Profession, occupation or job title
- Personal information that is available through social media
- Details of the products and services you have purchased from us (including payment information) or which you have enquired about or showed interest in, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries
- Any additional personal information that you provide to us directly or indirectly through our websites, apps or in-store or through our representatives, through use of our services or otherwise; and
- Information you provide to us through our customer services team or customer surveys, or that is publicly available
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do this in a variety of ways, including when you:
- Purchase products or services from us
- Access and use our websites, apps and communications, including registration details and information relating to your use of the website and the services, such as the content you access (for example, the products you have viewed, or the search queries you input)
- Interact with us through live chat on our websites
- Enter our CDP pickup and dropoff points (for example, through video recordings)
- Interact with us through any of our loyalty or membership programs
- Call, email or interact with our Customer Service Team or personally at our CDP pickup and dropoff points, for example: when you return goods
- Complete an application for a product or service
- Enter promotions that we run or facilitate
- Interact with us on social media
You agree that we may also collect personal information from third parties, including:
- Third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, other retailers (for the purpose of preventing criminal behaviour), law enforcement agencies, and other government entities
- Mailing lists
- Contractors and business partners
- Suppliers or manufacturers
- Other businesses
IF WE ARE NOT ABLE TO COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you choose not to provide us with the personal information described within this policy, then:
- We may not be able to provide you with the product or services you have requested, either to the same standard or at all
- We may not be able to provide you with information about products or services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales or special promotions
- We may not be able to tailor our content, website and communications for your preferences
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to enable us to perform our business activities and to provide the best possible customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide products and services to you
- To provide you with information or advice about existing and new products and services
- To manage product or service warranties or guarantees, including product or safety recalls
- To communicate with you and process your requests
- To manage and enhance our products and services
- To personalize and customize your experience with us
- To provide you with access to secure areas of our websites, apps or notices about updates to the functionality of our websites
- To conduct competitions or promotions, either ourselves or on behalf of selected third parties
- To verify your identity
- To provide to third parties if you have authorized us to do so
- To conduct analysis across ShopOnline Fiji
- To conduct business processing functions for operation of our websites or our business, for our administrative, marketing, promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control and research purposes, or those of our contractors or external service providers
- To investigate if we have reason to suspect a breach of any of our terms and conditions or any suspected unlawful activity
- To help prevent unlawful activity
- To link previous actions that you have taken on our websites or in our stores with historic data that we have collected but have not been able to identify as yours. For example, tokenised payment card data and device identification data
- As required or permitted by any law
We use personal information to provide you with information or advice about our existing and new products and services or those of other ShopOnline Fiji businesses. We also use it to conduct promotions on our own behalf and on behalf of selected third parties.
If at any stage, you no longer wish to receive these marketing communications you may unsubscribe by using the link in any promotional email or by contacting us at:
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information:
- To our employees, contractors, consultants
- To our vendors
- For the operation of our websites or our business
- For the specific purpose of fulfilling requests by you
- To provide products and services to you
- Where we are permitted to under any law
- As otherwise detailed in this policy
Where we engage third parties to undertake services, we may provide those third parties with some of your information if it is required to fulfil those services and only to the extent required to fulfil those services. Examples of such third party providers may include, but not limited to:
- Service providers such as web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, photographic analyzers, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants
- Software providers such as customer relationship management and accounting software
- Existing or potential suppliers, business partners or joint venture entities or partners
- Sponsors, or promoters of any competition that we conduct or promote
- Specific third parties authorized by you to receive information held by us
We may disclose your personal information to ShopOnline vendors, manufacturers or suppliers of products or services for product warranty or guarantee fulfilment purposes, to facilitate repair of a product or where the vendor, manufacturer or supplier has advised that they need to contact you directly for any issues related to the quality or safety of the product or service you have purchased.
Third party advertisers may purchase advertising products from us that enable them to target particular types of users of our network, for advertisements served both on our network and also on third party websites.
We require any third party to protect your information against unauthorised use or disclosure.
In addition to the above, we release personal information only when it is permitted under law or required by law for legal compliance and law enforcement (including to government agencies with statutory law enforcement responsibilities, and/or to your Internet Service Provider or network administrator); to facilitate court proceedings; enforce or apply our terms and conditions; or protect our or your rights, property, or safety and the rights, property and safety of our users, or others, and where we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary.
We may disclose personal information to external service providers or entities located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
WHAT WE WILL NOT DO WITH PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not collect usage data or target advertisements based on the following market categories:
- Political opinions
- Membership of a political association
- Religious beliefs or affiliations
- Philosophical beliefs
- Membership of a trade union
- Sexual preferences or practice
- Criminal record
- Health information
We will not create categories designed to target children under the age of 18 years (however, this does not prevent us from marketing children’s products to a general audience).
STORAGE AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information will be held at our offices at CDP House, Nukutuku Road, Lami. It may also be held for us in the data centres, platforms and systems of our third-party service providers, some of which may be located outside of the Republic of Fiji.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, or unauthorised access or modification. If you suspect any misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, your personal information, please let us know immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our Customer Service Team.
- To recognise your computer or device and greet you each time you visit our websites, without bothering you with a request to register or log-in
- To keep track of products or services you view, so that we can send you, directly or through third parties, news about those products or services or other similar or related products or services that we think you may be interested in
- To measure traffic patterns, to determine which areas of our websites have been visited, and to measure transaction patterns in the aggregate
- To research our users’ habits so that we can improve our products and services
- To operate our websites efficiently with a high level of functionality
- To measure the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives
- To learn about your preferences so that we can present you with web content and advertising that is relevant to you
- To measure the number of advertising referrals we have received to our websites from other websites
- To produce data on web traffic and customer web activity through our website or apps
COMPLAINTS ABOUT A BREACH OF PRIVACY
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We have a formal procedure for investigating and dealing with complaints. Once we receive an investigation will be opened with the relevant business unit. The investigation will endeavour to determine the nature of any breach and how it occurred.
We may contact you during the process to seek further clarification if necessary. If a breach of your privacy is found, the matter will be escalated the matter to management so that the process can be rectified to prevent any further breaches from taking place. We will also contact you to inform you of the outcome of the investigation. We will endeavour to resolve all investigations within a reasonable time.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially.
You can contact us by email at: email@example.com
or by post at:
Privacy Team, ShopOnline Fiji PO Box 12990, Suva.
This policy was last updated in January 2021